● I grew up in Spokane, WA.
● I went to Eastern Washington University for undergrad, University of Washington for Graduate School and Principal School.
● Malia is my daughter. Tom, my husband, is a city council member of our community.
● We recently added a new member to our family, Kallie, a 2 year old Golden Retriever.
● I love the water, specifically the ocean. It’s my happy place.
● I love to read and have been in a book club with a group of friends for over 10 years.
● I taught 5th grade and 2nd grade at Frank Love my first 4 years of teaching during the 1996‐2000 school years.
It is with great excitement that I introduce myself as the new Assistant Principal at Frank Love Elementary. I am honored to join the Frank Love community with its reputation of academic success as well as honoring students, families and staff as important contributors to ongoing growth. I am committed to partnering closely with Mrs. French as we embark on a unique year of returning to the school building. It is with great privilege and care that we welcome your students back to school for an exciting year.
I come to you with over 15 years of combined experience in education, encompassing various roles. I have spent my entire school career with elementary students and it is where I find the most joy in the education system. Watching students grow new skills and have personal successes both academically and socially is one of the most fulfilling parts of this work. I come to you from Kent School District where I worked as a counselor, a district level coach, and a behavior interventionist. In each of these roles the core of my work was to support students with heart and consideration for their individual strengths.
On a personal note, I have three of my own children, who I hold at the center of my priorities. I have watched them grow and nurtured each of them in their individuality, just as I will do with your children. I also have two cat fur babies who we all enjoy with delight, and who are struggling to adjust to being on their own again after 18 months of having us at their beck and call.
I am passionate about my work and, as my children frequently point out, am fortunate to have found a career that I love with all my heart. I look forward to meeting the Frank Love community as we begin the school year.