Table of Contents
Kenmore Middle School 5th Grade Parent Night
Note from our School Counselor
Letter from the Principal
Dear Frank Love Families,
Tulips and daffodils are starting to pop up in our courtyard gardens and springing forward 1 hour on Sunday lets us know that spring is very near. March is a critical time for our students as it gives them a good chunk of uninterrupted time to consolidate thier learning. You can help keep the learning momentum going by making sure that your student comes to school on time, has good attendance, gets 10-12 hours of sleep each night and continues their home learning routines. Some of the best ways to support academic success in school is to talk with your child each day about what they are learning, carve out time for them each day to read and do quick practice of skills like memorizing their math facts and their sight words. Thank you always for your partnership.
If your 1st or 2nd grade student has recently qualified for highly capable services in both reading and math for next year, you’ve already received a notice today from the District Highly Capable Program sharing that beginning in the 2023-24 school year, Frank Love Elementary School will be a new site for our Elementary Advanced Program (EAP) services for students in grades 2 and 3. We are thrilled that our 1st grade students will be able to continue to attend Frank Love and are looking forward to having our neighborhood students who attended Lockwood for EAP for 2nd grade return to FL as 3rd graders.
If you’ve had the opportunity to be on campus this week, you may have heard all of the great music played during arrival and dismissal our Boosterthon colleagues. The students are having a blast. Thank you for your support of the PTA!
Have a fantastic weekend and remember to set your clocks ahead 1 hour on Sunday!
Katy French and Sara Davis
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders
As we move into spring with longer daylight hours we know families like to enjoy the Frank Love playground area. With that in mind we’d like to share a few reminders about procedures and expectations.
- Car drop offs will wait outside the Frank Love entry gates
- Bus riders will exit the busses and wait under the covered area
- Walkers are asked to wait with families or under the covered area
- At 9:00 am all students are invited to get breakfast as they go to their classrooms.
- We ask that students do not play on the playground while waiting for the 9:00 entry time and that balls and other playground toys are held and saved for recess.
- At the end of the day all students are escorted by teachers to their planned dismissal area (bus, car pick up, or walk home)
- Once the day ends at 3:40 (2:10 on Wednesday) students need to leave school grounds and go home to adhere to a “safe at home” protocol.
- If you wish to have your student play on the playground right after school, you will need to be present at the end of the day to provide supervision.
- Some families use the playground as a community park. The playground is open to the community after school hours (once all students have left for the day) which is typically around 4:00 (2:30 on Wednesdays). If you wish to have your child play on the playground after school, it is important to know that there is no adult supervision provided by school staff.
Yearbook Sales are Now Open!
To purchase: https://buytheyearbook.pictavo.com/
– School ID: 709264
- Cost $18.06 each.
- Distributed: the last week of school.
- Deadline: Friday March 24th
- Limited Quantities Available
Don’t miss out!
Questions? Contact Shannon Upchurch, email@example.com
Kenmore Middle School 5th Grade Parent Night
5th Grade Parent Night: March 21 @ KMS GYM
6:30 General Session for All Parents:
Learn about Kenmore Middle School, get an overview of the registration process, get some questions answered, and meet some KMS staff.
The night starts in the gym and then there will be breakout sessions.
Spanish translation services will be available
5:30 Special Education Pre-Session:
- In the LIBRARY–near the main office.
- For parents of students receiving special education services.
- Get a general overview of special education services at KMS, meet a few sped teachers, and get some questions answered.
6:00 HiCap Pre-Session:
- In ROOM 204–near the back parking lot.
- For parents of students in the Highly Capable program
- Get a general overview of HiCap services at KMS, meet a few HiCap teachers, and get some questions answered.
2023-24 Kindergarten enrollment is open now!!
To enroll in Kindergarten, a student must be 5 years old by August 31st, 2023. When registering, please have your student’s birth certificate, proof of residency and immunization records.
Each month for the remainder of the year we will be running a supply drive for popular used items.
March! We are looking for Cleanliness Supplies:
- Facial Tissues
- Baby Wipes
- Technology Wipes
- Paper Towels
- Microfiber Cloth
- Protective Gloves
You can bring donations to the Frank Love main office.
Grade Level Music Concerts
Please mark your calendars for the Frank Love grade level concerts this year!
- Kindergarten- March 16th at 6:00 p.m in the Gym
- 1st Grade- March 16th at 6:45 p.m. in the Gym
- 2nd Grade- March 23rd at 6:00 p.m in the Gym
- 3rd Grade- March 23rd at 6:45 p.m in the Gym
- 5th Grade Band and Strings concerts TBD
Head to the music website to check out the latest music news for every grade level and the 4th/5th grade choir!
Health Room News
Girls’ pants in the following sizes. Used, clean, elastic waist preferred.
Sizes 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, plus sizes & Jr sizes
Boys Pants in the following size. Used, clean, elastic waist preferred.
Sizes 14, 16, Jr sizes & plus/husky sizes
The Department of Health updated the Covid Guidelines Decision Tree on February 6th.
Covid Symptom and Exposure Decision Tree
Even minor illness symptoms may indicate a Covid infection. A covid test is recommended. Regardless of results, students need to stay home until symptoms have greatly improved, and no fever, vomiting, or diarrhea within 24 hours of returning to school, without the use of medication to control those symptoms.
Masks are not mandated but are one of the best measures to prevent spread of the virus in indoor spaces.
- For those recovering from Covid, a mask is required on days 6-10 or the person should remain in isolation for 10 days if unable to wear a well-fitting mask at school.
Why? Covid may be contagious for 10 days.
- For those exposed to Covid, a mask is strongly recommended for 10 days after the last day of exposure to a Covid positive person during their contagious period.
- Families can order free Covid test kits through the state health departments at Say Yes Covid Test Kit .
- Your health care provider may also have free test kits available.
- Your school office has limited test kits available.
Susan Monette Czarnecki, RN and Shelly Sehmel, RN
Technology Devices (ipads and chromebooks)
Chromebook OS 108 is available for students. The new OS will install in the background when students shut down, restart, and log into their chromebook. Please have students shut down and log into their chromebooks to begin the update process.
It is important that student devices are brought to school each day. Devices are used throughout the school day as learning resources.
If your student is having issues with their chromebook/ipad or charger, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Julie Hert/School Technology Specialist
Note from our School Counselor
Hello Cheetah Families!
We have enjoyed our Boosterthon staff providing music and dancing at recess! We have wanted to have our own dance parties, even after our Boosterthon ends. Boosterthon has donated a speaker to Frank Love! This will give us dance party opportunities year round! We welcome adult volunteers at recess to help facilitate alternative activities for the students.
Recess Volunteers: We would welcome adult volunteers to help supervise and facilitate fun at recess time. We have recess from 10:00-2:30 and could use help during any time slot. Please contact me to get started!
Please see the March SEL Calendar for fun SEL activities at home!
Please fill out this form to find out about resources in our community for families in need, and we will contact you when we hear about available resources.
Request to Receive Information about Resources. Solicitud Para Recibir Información de Recursos
Mrs. Weber's Website
Frank Love PTA
Our Frank Love Walk-a-Thon Fundraiser is in full swing! There is still time to register and donate at MYBOOSTER.COM. We are a little more than half way to our goal.
Our Walk-A-Thon Day is Wednesday March 15, if you would like to come watch your student here is the schedule:
- 10:00-10:30 4th grade & Woods
- 10:30-11:00 1st grade
- 11:10-11:40 5th grade & Kaskel
- 11:45-12:15 3rd grade & Cordova
- 12:30-1:00 Kindergarten & Burke
- 1:05-1:35 2nd grade
To get Level 1 volunteer district cleared click here.
Come join our PTA Meeting on Tuesday March 14 from 6:30pm-8:00pm. In person in Portable 3 or online on google meets (link here). You can view the agenda here.
Check out this month's Cheetah Chatter.
Sincerely, Frank Love PTA