Dear Frank Love Families,
We are happy to be back at school this week. We hope your family had a restful and fun mid-winter break. This week our 4th and 5th graders had a visit from the Kenmore Middle School Choir who performed several songs in an effort to encourage participation in choir in middle school. This is such a lovely way for students to make connections to the larger NSD community and see where they fit in the bigger picture. When we think about the sense of belonging, knowing where you fit in a community is an important part of feeling connected.
Next week we will be kicking off our yearly Boosterthon. There will be fun and engaging activities such as dance parties and chalk drawing to build excitement toward the final event on the 15th of March. Ask your student to tell you more next week as they learn more about this fun activity.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Katy French and Sara Davis
On March 10th, we are having a Color/Spirit Day! Each grade has a different color. Even staff members will participate.
School Staff-Black and/or White
There are posters around the school if you're interested. It doesn’t matter what shade each color is, as long as you wear the color asked. The spirit day is optional, but it would be very kind of you if you joined the fun!
Yearbook Sales are Now Open!
To purchase: https://buytheyearbook.pictavo.com/
– School ID: 709264
- Cost $18.06 each.
- Distributed: the last week of school.
- Deadline: Friday March 24th
- Limited Quantities Available
Don’t miss out!
Questions? Contact Shannon Upchurch, email@example.com
2023-24 Kindergarten enrollment is open now!!
To enroll in Kindergarten, a student must be 5 years old by August 31st, 2023. When registering, please have your student’s birth certificate, proof of residency and immunization records.
Each month for the remainder of the year we will be running a supply drive for popular used items.
March! We are looking for Cleanliness Supplies:
- Facial Tissues
- Baby Wipes
- Technology Wipes
- Paper Towels
- Microfiber Cloth
- Protective Gloves
You can bring donations to the Frank Love main office.
K-3 can have up to 5 library books at a time and 4-5 can have up to 10!! If you have an extra canvas bag OR reusable grocery bag that your Cheetah Readers love, maybe this could become their library bag.
Advantages of have a designated library bag:
- Keep track of library books
- Keep library books clean (no backpack crumbs or water bottle mishaps)
- Leaves room in backpacks for lunches, laptops, etc)
- Students who bring their own bags often use them as “shopping bags” while in the library making book selection easier.
- Canvas or cloth bags are generally quieter during read alouds
If you have extra bags you’d like to donate for other Cheetah Readers, you can drop them off in the office.
The Frank Love Library (@franklovelibrary) is on Instagram! Follow us to see the exciting learning that takes place as we connect, create and come together through story. You might find some new book recommendations, too!
Please mark your calendars for the Frank Love grade level concerts this year!
- Kindergarten- March 16th at 6:00 p.m in the Gym
- 1st Grade- March 16th at 6:45 p.m. in the Gym
- 2nd Grade- March 23rd at 6:00 p.m in the Gym
- 3rd Grade- March 23rd at 6:45 p.m in the Gym
- 5th Grade Band and Strings concerts TBD
Head to the music website to check out the latest music news for every grade level and the 4th/5th grade choir!
Girls’ pants in the following sizes. Used, clean, elastic waist preferred.
Sizes 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, plus sizes & Jr sizes
Boys Pants in the following size. Used, clean, elastic waist preferred.
Sizes 14, 16, Jr sizes & plus/husky sizes
The Department of Health updated the Covid Guidelines Decision Tree on February 6th.
Covid Symptom and Exposure Decision Tree
Even minor illness symptoms may indicate a Covid infection. A covid test is recommended. Regardless of results, students need to stay home until symptoms have greatly improved, and no fever, vomiting, or diarrhea within 24 hours of returning to school, without the use of medication to control those symptoms.
Masks are not mandated but are one of the best measures to prevent spread of the virus in indoor spaces.
- For those recovering from Covid, a mask is required on days 6-10 or the person should remain in isolation for 10 days if unable to wear a well-fitting mask at school.
Why? Covid may be contagious for 10 days.
- For those exposed to Covid, a mask is strongly recommended for 10 days after the last day of exposure to a Covid positive person during their contagious period.
- Families can order free Covid test kits through the state health departments at Say Yes Covid Test Kit .
- Your health care provider may also have free test kits available.
- Your school office has limited test kits available.
Susan Monette Czarnecki, RN and Shelly Sehmel, RN
Chromebook OS 108 is available for students. The new OS will install in the background when students shut down, restart, and log into their chromebook. Please have students shut down and log into their chromebooks to begin the update process.
It is important that student devices are brought to school each day. Devices are used throughout the school day as learning resources.
If your student is having issues with their chromebook/ipad or charger, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Julie Hert/School Technology Specialist
Please remember to wear tennis shoes on scheduled P.E. days. If your child is sick or can not participate in P.E., please send us a note or an email to email@example.com
Hello Cheetah Families!
I visit each classroom for classroom SEL lessons.
In Kindergarten-2nd grade I have been focusing on our “Kelso’s Choice” lessons, which teaches children how to solve their own small problems. We have practiced some of the more challenging skills, such as “talk it out” and “apologize”.
In our 5th grade lessons we have worked on healthy friendships and treating everyone with respect.
In 3rd and 4th grade I started lessons on bullying prevention. I use the book series “Weird” by Erin Frankel in 3rd grade and our Second Step bullying prevention unit in 4th grade. Here are some of the learning targets from these lessons:
- Recognize when bullying is happening, report bullying to a caring adult, and refuse to let bullying happen
- Be a bystander who helps stop bullying
- Support someone being bullied by standing up for that person and being kind and inclusive
The definition of bullying:
Bullying is when someone keeps being mean to someone else on purpose. The person it’s happening to hasn’t been able to make it stop. It is unfair and one-sided.
You can get involved in making our school a safe and respectful place by letting us know if you hear about bullying at our school. Make sure your child knows to tell you or someone at school if they are being bullied, or if they know about someone else being bullied. Give your child the clear message that it is never okay to bully others.
Please see the March SEL Calendar for fun SEL activities at home!
Recess Volunteers: We would welcome adult volunteers to help supervise and facilitate fun at recess time. We have recess from 10:00-2:30 and could use help during any time slot. Please contact me to get started!
Please fill out this form to find out about resources in our community for families in need, and we will contact you when we hear about available resources.
Download the ParentSquare APP!
Use ParentSquare for:
- Communication in your preferred language
- Messages from our school or the District via email, text, or app notification;
- Opportunity to receive information as it is sent, or all at once with a daily digest at the end of the day
- Ability to reply to staff directly from a post (similar to social media) in the app
- Direct messaging to staff
- Ability to sign up for conferences, sign forms, permission slips, and much more all from your mobile device or computer.
WOW WOW WOW March is an exciting month in the PTA!!! Mark your calendars with these important dates…
Frank Love Walk-a-Thon Fundraiser
- Register on MYBOOSTER.COM
- Every student that registers gets a prize
- All School Walk-A-Thon Event Day is March 15, 2023
Staff Appreciation Lunch donated by Kindergarten Families
March 9 - Sign up to donate here
Basketball Registration closes on March 10, 2023
Program starts on March 24, 2023
Coding Club Registration closes on March 14, 2023
Program starts on March 28, 2023
Check out this month's Cheetah Chatter here. https://www.flepta.org/CheetahChatter.html
Sincerely, Frank Love PTA